As much as we want to hear personal viewpoints, passionate opinions and well-constructed arguments, we also want to ensure that all of our content is accessible to anybody who wants to read it, regardless of background, training or level of knowledge.
To find out why we want you to contribute to the Centre, please read the main Get Involved page.
What we're looking for
If you’d like to contribute, please read the guidelines below for an idea of the type of content we’re looking for:
News items should be as clearly and concisely written as possible, with a clear focus on the topic. Where possible, you should also provide a link for the reader to follow to find out more information.
News items could cover the release of a new project or study,
If you are running, or know of, an event relating to impact measurement that you would like to publicise, please ensure that you provide the following information:
- The name of the event
- The date of the event
- Start and end times for the event
- A brief description of the event details
- A link to book onto the event, and/or relevant contact details
Blogs and opinion pieces
If your submission is your own work, then we are keen to preserve your voice and unique perspective. However, we also want to make sure that other readers are able to clearly understand your views, so we would encourage you to consider the following:
- Avoid excessive academic or professional jargon – too much jargon can create barriers and obscure the point you’re trying to make.
- Write from a personal perspective – relating to your own experiences and using real-life examples to illustrate a point will always resonate better with readers
- Write about the things you really want to discuss – don’t feel obliged to be topical or only talk about current trends unless they genuinely interest you
- Don’t be afraid to be controversial – we welcome challenges to established viewpoints, including our own
- Be constructive – we welcome debate but don’t encourage negativity - try to avoid being deliberately inflammatory or openly hostile
Articles and interesting reading
If you’ve found an article or something interesting that you’d like to suggest for the website, please make sure you send us a short description, a link to the original item and a credit for the original author wherever possible.
How to contribute
To contribute, please send your content to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of submission
The Centre for Youth Impact is under no obligation to publish submitted content. We reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding the content we publish. Where possible, we will contact authors regarding any proposed edits or changes to content. All content remains the intellectual property of the contributor.