External Communication to partners and beyond
We want to update you on the steps that we at the Centre for Youth Impact are taking in response to COVID-19. We have responsibilities to our staff and partners, and based on current information, we believe that social distancing measures are likely to delay the spread of the virus and help protect our team and partners.
Following consultation with our Chair of Trustees, and with effect from 18 March, the Centre for Youth Impact is taking the following steps:
- We have closed our office and all staff will be working from home, using digital and video technology to continue our work.
- We will be working with Regional Network leads and partners to ensure we can continue to do high-quality work, adapting our approaches where required, and doing what we can to implement social distancing measures.
- Our team will not host any large gatherings or events for the foreseeable future – unless these can be done virtually.
- Our staff will not attend externally organised events or meetings, but we will explore options to participate online or by phone.
- We know that our programme of regional network meetings and other events held by our Regional Network Leads will be affected, but we hope you will understand our commitment to keeping our staff and partners safe.
- We also know that the timelines of some of our programmes of work, like the Youth Programme Quality Initiative, will be affected. We’ll keep everyone involved up to date as we work this out.
We expect these measures to be in place for several months, and we will update our approach depending on how the situation unfolds.
We are confident that we can continue to work in partnership to support thinking and practice around quality and impact measurement with and for young people, and are considering how we can continue to create space and time for connection and reflection over the coming months.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.