From the outset our vision has been for all young people in the UK have access to high quality services that support their social and emotional learning.
To achieve this vision, we work collaboratively with partners across the UK youth sector to develop shared approaches to learning, evaluation and continuous improvement.
We exist because:
● It’s tough being young in the UK, and outcomes for young people are both poor and inconsistent.
● The youth sector lacks a shared understanding of how it can best improve outcomes for young people.
● Expensive bespoke responses and increased competition in the evaluation ‘industry’ is adding to the problem.
By uniting practitioners, funders and policymakers we can create exceptional services for young people across the UK.
The Centre supports this movement by offering:
● Training and coaching for youth sector practitioners.
● Resources and information for anyone involved with young people’s outcomes.
● A place to debate, facilitate and lead the change that will make the youth sector better and better.
Extending from the Centre’s mission, we define four ‘impact behaviours’ that reflect our values and guide how we work.
In pursuit of a transformative vision for the sector, we will be: